Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Classic Salmon & Steelhead Hairwing Flies

Now that my trip to the beach is behind me, I've refocused my tying attention toward the upcoming fall, and the trout and steelhead fishing to be had from September until the water freezes up.  Right before I found out about the beach trip, I'd been tying some hairwing patterns to take with me to the Erie tribs, and over the past few days, I've returned to this style as a creative outlet.  All of these flies share a core set of similarities, yet through minor differences, a tyer can add quite a variety to his streamer box.  Please feel free to ask questions in the comments section, or post links to your own hairwing creations!

Rusty Rat

Blue Charm

Purple Peril

Green Butt Skunk

Undertaker

Grizzly King

Cosseboom

Botham's Fancy

Black Dose

Silver Rat

I definitely plan to tie more of these, but that's what I have so far.  Questions, comments, and critiques are very much appreciated!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants